Emily wrote two wonderful posts
- What do worldly women want from men? (Updated)
- A word to the guys… what you desire is what girls desire to become
and my post here is a response.
First of all, congrats to Emily on getting through to the final two in your blog category. You have done so well. God bless you as you continue to walk in this right way, while still being approachable and true to yourself.
Ok back to these posts… they are superb! I have been grumbling about this issue for quite a while – that Christian women are becoming increasingly secular in their behaviour and not walking in their God-given beauty.
I have been thinking A LOT about how women are intended for men and conform themselves to men. To be honest I think I just shrugged it off that men look at attractive women. Kind of “Oh well” and *sigh*. What I didn’t get until now is the connection between the two. As men’s eyes and values have slipped terribly, women have adjusted and changed to remain attractive to men.
What a powerful dynamic. As men we simply have to get our head and eyes out of the gutter.
- Specifically, we can CHOOSE to find purity attractive.
- We can choose to feel stimulated by modestly dressed and elegant women, and not by anything else.
- Esepcially, we men have to find value in emotional intimacy rather than sexual attraction. The ability to “connect” is a far better indicator of success for a relationship than sexual availability.
- When we are married we can have both – but before that… we have to LEARN to highly value emotional connection and intimacy.
In this way women can return to flaunting their emotional maturity in order to attract a mate… and that change alone will re-start a positive cycle. Healthier men, healthier women, healthier children.
God bless you Emily for a wonderful post.